Research Assistant (4-month contract through TalentNet)RMIT Vietnam Hà Nội
Toàn thời gian, Hợp đồng
Job no: 588154
Work type: Contractor, Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
Categories: Research and Innovation, Project Management, Research
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role & key responsibilities
The Research Assistant will provide research support to a specific project named digitizing the creative industries in Hanoi. Working under the general direction of the Primary Investigator, the Research Assistant will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day- research activities of the study, acting as the first point of contact for all inquiries related to the study, and provide support when needed.
As a Level 2 Research Assistant, you will be expected to contribute to administrative support with basic specialist expertise, relative to the discipline.
Specific responsibilities will depend on the topic, nature, and duration of the project, provided by the Project Leader including:
- Academic literature reviews and database searches
- Conducting, recording, and transcribing interviews in English or Vietnamese, with translation if required
- Assist with external and internal grant applications
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Prepare presentations, reports, and publications
- Develop internal and external contacts to further knowledge and form collaborative networks
- Assist the Project Leader and researches with data collection and the collation of results
- Plan day-to-day research activity and/or coordinate activities with Project Leader and researchers
- Draft reports related to research activity outcomes
- Coordinate project team activities, including secretariat support for project meetings
Key selection criteria
- A relevant qualification at BA, MA and/or Ph.D. level.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct analytical research; to analyze, interpret, evaluate, coordinate as well as report resulting information.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with people at all levels, in particular the project team.
- Experience in preparing research reports and graphic presentations of data.
- Problem-solving skills that assures detailed follow-up when required.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set and meet deadlines and give attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications and analytical software.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team environment, including the ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues and project team leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
- Attractive gross salary per month
- Prorated annual leaves per 4-month contract
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
To be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on April 12, 2020.
Advertised: 26 Mar 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 12 Apr 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Hãy cẩn thận - Đừng cung cấp tài khoản ngân hàng, số thẻ tín dụng của bạn khi xin việc. Đừng chuyển tiền để xin việc hay làm các khảo sát trực tuyến đáng ngờ. Nếu bạn thấy khả nghi, xin vui lòng thông báo việc này với chúng tôi.