A. EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONS: BOARD SUPPORT
- Provide support and consultant to the Board, prepare briefing notes, discussion papers and make management recommendations and proposals on specific matters for Board approval as required.
- Report to shareholders/parent board on Company plans and business performance
- Oversee the drafting of various operational, sales and marketing, financial and personnel policies and procedures and recommend these for Board approval and implementation.
- Keep the Board fully informed on significant issues that impact the conditions and operation of COMPANY.
B. PERFORM ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS:
- Chair and conduct senior (executive) management meetings;
- Serve on various boards and committees of affiliated organizations in order to obtain and maintain effective representation for all Company members
- Provide official statements to press (in consultation with PR firm and Executive Committee) when required
- Provide advice, guidelines and leadership in strategic planning, budgeting, capital projects planning and implementation and hotel performance
- Ensure all work plans are made, scheduled and implemented within agreed budgets and timescales
- Coordinate managers’ work, monitor results, and evaluate results
- Sign official documents such as management letters of appointment, transfer or termination, procurement contracts and other similar legal documents on behalf of the company.
C. MANAGEMENT & STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP:
- Lead the development and implementation of Company strategy and be fully responsible for the result of Company
- Participate in corporate planning in conjunction with Directors and Managers
- Direct the implementation of corporate strategic objectives and each hotel business plan
- Ensure that Company develop forecasts and viable business objectives.
- Ensure Company operational activities are planned, directed and coordinated to achieve stated/agreed performance indicators and targets for financial, non-financial and other factors of performance
- Ensure Company 's programs consistent with Company culture and the highest professional standards (transparency, integrity, social responsibility)
- Manage and review the allocation of company resources to ensure that the highest standards of service are delivered and maintained.
D. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Develop an appropriate organizational structure and ensures implementation of HR policies and practices to maximize the employees’ potential and contributions
- Participate and manage the recruitment and selection process of senior managers
- Guide and support the training and development of executive team members
- Maintain a positive work environment to attract, retain and motivate employees; foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
E. LEGISLATION & CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- Ensure compliance with all professional, ethical, legal and statutory requirements in the conduct of company business
- Identify and recommend applicable and helpful legislation to the Board and ensure Company operations comply with the relevant regulatory framework
- Represent Company at any governmental hearing or any agency or committee meeting on any issue according to the policies and philosophy determined by the Company
- Develop, encourage and maintain a positive organizational culture, values and reputation for Company in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies
- Create and maintain high standards of professionalism in the running of the Company so that the Company projects a strong, positive public image.
Attitude and Appearance
- Westerner, age range from 35 – 48
- Being self-driven and innovative
- Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Having ability to take control and action with unquestionable integrity
- Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Being able to simplify complex issues and communicate a compelling future vision that inspires action
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with strong networking in hospitality industry
- Motivation and team building skills.
- Decision making skills
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Public speaking skills
- Persuasion and negotiation skills
- Time management skills
- Wide understanding of hotel and tourism sector current issues
- Proven leadership, marketing/PR, change management and strategic planning expertise at senior level
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services such as customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Diploma in Hotel Management from a recognized Hotel /Hospitality with 10 years broad range of proven and relevant experience with 3 years at senior management level
- OR a degree in Hotel /Hospitality or Business Management related field with postgraduate relevant experience of at least 7 years in hospitality industry.
- Direct experience with and knowledge of hotel ownership issues, including zoning, real estate taxes, construction codes, etc.
- Direct experience with hotel strategy, business models, and operations