• Own and develop category customer relationships, lead category reviews and contribute to shaping strategy
• Identify and grow category capabilities that help upskill the rest of the team
• Understanding business priorities and challenges and ensuring successful realization of the Category Strategy by building strong partnerships across dispersed stakeholders and engaging with internal functions
• Leads category management for assigned categories to deliver key category performance indicators, including: Turn over, growth, low-cost sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc.
• Leads in qualifying and negotiating key terms with international and domestics qualified suppliers to ensure the best source of supplies
• Partner with marketing to ensure implementations and alignments are maximized to provide category growth
• Interfaces with cross-functional stakeholders (quality, technical, operations, finance, etc.) to ensure all category activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities
• Conducts supplier business reviews with preferred suppliers to ensure both parties meet obligations under the terms of agreement, including performance standards and continuous improvement goals